SJF Ventures is an expansion-stage venture capital firm that seeks superior financial returns by investing in high-growth companies generating positive social and environmental impacts. The firm has been at the forefront of impact investing since 1999, driven by a mission to create a healthier, smarter and cleaner future.
SJF has recently launched SJF Ventures IV, a $125 million impact venture fund. Focus areas include clean energy, asset recovery, food and sustainable agriculture, education, health and wellness, and software. Please see www.sjfventures.com for more information.
SJF is seeking an analyst for its office in Durham, NC. SJF promotes a horizontal culture in which individuals at all levels are integrated into the entire venture capital and impact acceleration process.
Representative responsibilities will include:
- Helping SJF to accelerate its positive impacts through its portfolio, policy, publications, events, research, and impact assessments.
- Generating deal flow of growth-stage, positive impact companies in the clean energy, food, recycling & reuse, health, education and workforce innovation sectors.
- Assisting in portfolio-wide support to drive business and impact performance, including results assessments, marketing & sales, employee engagement, expansion incentives, public relations, and recruiting.
- Helping to engage SJF’s networks, especially our limited partners, foundation endowments, family offices, co-investors, executives, and the SJF Expert Network.
- Facilitating public relations & marketing to build awareness of SJF and our portfolio to drive deal flow, portfolio sales, and a recognition of positive impact business models.
- Assisting in finance and administrative tasks for effective fund operations.
- Undergraduate degree with relevant studies, service and internships.
- One to three years of work experience in a relevant field, including entrepreneurial assistance, impact investing, venture capital, investment banking, management consulting, or start-up companies in SJF’s sectors of focus.
- Exceptional analytical and communication abilities, which have been demonstrated through work, service and academic accomplishments.
- Interest in venture capital and impact investing.
- Self-starter, able to initiate projects and work independently.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume using the link below. Extra credit if the applicant cites an interesting impact project or prospective investment for SJF Ventures in his or her cover letter.
SJF's standard set of benefits.